Followers

Friday 1 November 2013

A "poshed-up" Poppy.

Hello, and thanks ever so much for popping in......is it as wet and miserable, where you are, as it is here today?
No card today, but a project.......
 
First up, is my Poppy, which I always where with pride, for me its all about showing our gratitude to those that have gone before. My beloved Grandad, who we lost 10 years ago, served in the Royal Air Force and he in his own way was a very creative person, he was amazing with wood and I'm sure, well at least I hope that some of his creative imagination has been passed down to me......he was also fascinated with technology and he would have loved the internet if he'd still been with us.....so, this ones for you Grandad xx
 
 I gave it a coating with glossy accents and red and green glitter, and I am delighted with the results....its sooo sparkly and actually this has made the paper more robust too!

Off to town soon, so will catch up with you all later xx


12 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous Lisa enjoy your weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lisa, puts my lapel pin to shame!! Yup, it's jolly miserable here too :0(
    Enjoy the rest of your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its is beautiful Lisa and a lovely tribute Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done with this Lisa. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow brilliant poppy so bright and glittery may copy this with my poppy. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poppy looks wonderful Lisa, It sounds like your Grandad was so special.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this last year and a great way to make it stand out x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab poppy Lisa! My Em might be going to a Remembrance service with the Rainbows - might well attempt one of these for that.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fab idea lisa. Think i willput one in utee in the meltpot! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your poppy looks fabulous, such a brilliant idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous and sparkly lisa.looks fab ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx